Friday, September 18, 2015

Field Marshal Dowding's verdict on the Battle of Britian


I pay my homage to those dear boys, those gallant boys, who gave their all that our nation might live; I pay my tribute to their leaders and commanders; but I say with absolute conviction that but for God’s intervention the Battle of Britain would have been lost. Now, therefore, as I lay down my sword, I take up my pen and testify. ....

I have left the most important thing till the last. We are not too proud to organize National Days of Prayer, and we should not be too proud to acknowledge the results. Some people are inclined to say, “Good Lord deliver us from this grievous afflication” and afterwards to attribute their deliverance to their own efforts. I have a deep personal conviction of divine intervention in this war, which I believe we should otherwise have lost some time ago ......

[The Germans] were beaten because it was not ordained that they should win. In those days, the nation prayed to God for victory and their prayers were answered


No comments: