Monday, February 26, 2007

He has my vote

In a king’s world ...

SAN FRANCISCO - I know not when ye Royal Election shall commence, yet a catalog of edicts have I preemptively prepared. Thusly, when I am King of ye Sports World ...

Two points in his platform won me over:

This:
Any sports scribe who is compelled to include the names of Anna Nicole Smith and/or Britney Spears in his work, whether said inclusion is in jest or in true intrigue, shall have his keyboard stretched on the rack until its vowels pop out. Ours is a sporting world; we care not for the excruciating minutiae of the lives of glorified pole dancers.
And this:
When I am King, the Duke lacrosse team shall be advanced to the NCAA finals post-haste, where they shall be led by the falsely accused Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann — on the same day their lying accuser is being led to prison for her perjury.
i disgree with his anti-NASCAR prejudice. It is a shame that hockey is not more popular, but that isn't NASCAR's fault. The NHL should take some lessons from NASCAR on how to promote their sport and build their brand.

No comments: